21 Jan Business and Innovation and investment Programme
The purpose of the Australian Business and Innovation and Investment programme is to increase the entrepreneurial talent and diversify business expertise in Australia.
Hence this visa is targeted to interested applicants who have demonstrated history of success in innovation, investment and business in their existing residency, and are able to make a significant contribution to the national innovation system and to the Australian economy.
The main objective of this programme is to:
- generate employment
- increase the export of Australian goods and services
- increase the production of goods and services in Australia
- introduce new or improved technology
- increase competition and commercial activity
- develop links with international markets
- increase the dispersal of business migrants across Australia through state and territory government sponsorship.
This Programme enables states and territories to attract and nominate the kinds of business people they are seeking to help in the economic development of their regions.