12 Mar New occupations for visa subclass 482 (TSS)
The Migration (LIN 19/048: Specification of occupations – Subclass 482 visa) Instrument 2019 repeals the Migration (IMMI 18/048: Specification of occupations – subclass 482 visa) Instrument 2018 and commences on 11th of March 2019.
Practitioners should remember that the MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL contained in the new instrument only apply to visa subclass 482 (TSS Visa), which is the only subclass this update discusses. There are separate (and different) and MLTSSL, STOL and ROL for other subclasses.
The below were added to MLTSSL
- Telecommunications Network Planner
- Pressure Welder
The below were moved from STSOL to MLTSSL
- Arts Administrator or Manager
- Dancer or Choreographer
- Music Director
- Artistic Director
- Tennis Coach
The occupation of footballer above had no caveat under the old instrument. Now, it caveat 25: ‘The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD 120,000’.
The below were moved from STSOL to ROL
- Aquaculture Farmer
- Cotton Grower
- Fruit or Nut Grower
- Grain, Oil-seed or Pasture Grower (Aus)/Field Crop Grower (NZ)
- Mixed Crop Farmer
- Sugar Cane Grower
- Crop Farmers (nec)
- Beef Cattle Farmer
- Diary Cattle Farmer
- Mixed livestock Farmer
- Pig Farmer
- Sheep Farmer
- Livestock Farmers (nec)
- Mixed Crop & Live stock Farmer
The occupations in bold above had only a caveat 9 under the old instrument. They now have caveats 9 and 10.
The occupations in italic above had no caveats under the old instrument. They now have caveat 10.
The position predominantly involves responsibility for low-skilled tasks.
Caveat 9 – 3 examples below:
- Rostering, Maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or door-persons.
- Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals.
- Truck driving.
- The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the regulations).
The below have been removed from STSOL
- Visual Arts & Crafts Professionals (NEC)
- Textile, clothing and footwear mechanic
- Watch & Clock maker and repairer
- Chemical Plant Operator
- Library Technician
The explanatory memorandum erroneously states the above 5 occupations have been moved to ROL. They have not. They have simply been removed from the STSOL.